Match Reports February 3rd and 4th 2018

  • February 6, 2018


The under 14s were away to Tralee on Saturday in cold but sunny conditions and started this exciting game well going 0-12 up. They then lost their discipline a bit which let Tralee back into the game to lead 14-12 at half time. But Killorglin were not going to let this one go and pulled away to win comfortably in the end.  Derry OSullivan scored all 5 Killorglin tries and Shane OConnor converted three. There were some good displays from our players with Cian OConnor, James Prendeville, Peadar Whelan, and Ben ODwyer standing out in the pack while centres Aona OShea and Joe Cronin Langham were very solid all day.
Next up is away to Rugbai Chorca Dhuibhne on Saturday.


Cillian Buckley, Finnegan OSullivan, Aona O’Shea©, Joe Cronin Langham, Fergal OShea, Shane O’Connor, Colin Griffin, Kevin OCallaghan, Peadar Whelan, Cian OConnor, Cathal Daly, James Prendeville, Tom Garry, Ben O’Dwyer, Derry OSullivan Subs: Enda OShea, Adrian Johnston, Dylan McDonogh, Fionn Sheahan, Kilian Riordan

U18’s (South Kerry)

South Kerry hosted Nenagh at the Cromane community pitch. It was a good competative game in sunny conditions. Nenagh took an early 12 point lead but South Kerry stormed back to level the scores at half time through Daragh Fitzgerald and Cormac Doyle and one conversion suuplied by Jack Evans. Nenagh scored two tries early in the second half and though South Kerry pressed to the end the final score in favour of the visitors 26 -12.


The Seniors welcomed Tralee RFC to Ballymalis, conditions were perfect for the great game of rugby and the crowd were not disappointed as the lead changed hands on several occasions. Tralee struck first from the kick off, they did well to get under the kick, secure possession and were rewarded with a penalty and took a 3-0 lead. Killorglin fought back and found themselves in a great try scoring position, they got over the line but knocked on the ball before it could be grounded. Tralee went back down the park and scored a try of there own which was converted giving them a 10-0 lead.
Killorglin did not sit back, instead they started to hammer the Tralee line. A good break form Tiarnan Clifford down the wing saw Killorlgin advance up the pitch, he unselfishly passed the ball outside him to a speedy Cathal Doyle who touched down Killorglin’s first try of the day. Luke O’Shea stepped up and nailed a difficult conversion to bring the scoreline 10-7. Moments later Killorglin were awarded another penalty, O’Shea lined up the kick, stuck it will and brought the game level at 10-10, the scoreline remained this way at halftime.
From the restart Killorglin added to there tally from a penalty that O’Shea converted, Killorglin took the lead for the first time in the game 13-10. Killorglin looked threatening but it was Tralee that stuck next. A well executed line out near Killorglin’s 22 saw Tralee get over the try line right under the posts. They added to extras to lead 17-13. Killorglin had the answer though…. Luke O’Shea with a Johnny Sextonesque cross field kick to a streaking Liam Griffin, Griffin got the ball to Rodi Healy who headed towards the try line, he was stop just short but the ball was recycled and spread wide and Tony Lynch crashed over the line. O’Shea converted, Killorglin now lead 20-17.
Just as O’Shea did his best to imitate Sexton, so did the Tralee full back, a drop goal moments later saw the scores leveled again at 20 all. Killorglin were rewarded with a penalty near the tr alee 22, O’Shea again kicked his team into the lead 23-20.
2 late converted penalties from Tralee saw heartbreak for the Killorglin side, Tralee finished the game 3 points ahead, final score Tralee 26 Killorglin 23.
Cathal Doyle x 1
Tony Lynch x 1
Luke O’Shea x 3
Luke O’Shea x 2